MONEY VOCABULARY AND EXPRESSIONS
BRITISH COUNCIL LESSONS ABOUT MONEY
PODCASTS ABOUT MONEYMoney is a topic we think about and talk about every day. There’s even a saying in English “Money makes the world go round“. In this audio podcast, you’ll get better at understanding English conversations about spending & saving money, and how much money people have. You’ll hear ten different voices and a large variety of British, American and Canadian accents.
VIDEOS ABOUT MONEY
Click here to complete the activities on-line about this video.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS ABOUT MONEY
- What does the expression, “money doesn’t grow on trees” mean? What would life be like if it did?
- Who and why might someone ask, “Do you think I’m made of money” Have you ever asked this?
- How would the world be different if all the money in the world was shared out equally among all people?
- What’s the best way of making a lot of money?
- Have you ever raised money for charity?
- Is money really the root of all evil?
- Can money buy happiness?
- Do you worry about money?
- What do you usually spend your money on?
- What’s the largest amount of money you’ve ever had in your wallet/purse?
- Does having a lot of money make someone more attractive?
- Have you ever lost a lot of money?
- How much pocket money should a 15-year-old get?
- Do your parents give you pocket money? How much money a week?
- Do you ever run out of money?
- Do you agree with the idiom that “a fool and his money are easily parted”?