On this post you will find resources to work on the last topic of conversation for ISE III.
- Do you live with your parents?
- Do you live with any of your grandparents? If so, why do they live with you?
- Do you have to clean your own room?
- Does your mother make you clean your room?
- Do you prefer living on your own or with your parents? Why?
- Is money a crucial factor for you to decide whether to move out or not?
- Why in some cultures do young people tend to live with their parents before they get married and others not? To what extent is this affected by traditional family values?
- Are you more independent from your parents now than you were in compulsory secondary education?
- Name some things you can do now that you weren't allowed to do in secondary education.
- Are you as independent now as you would like to be?
- When do you think you will become financially independent?
- Do you think this age is the same in all countries?
- Who will pay for your university studies in the future?
- Do your parents let you stay out late?
- What time do you have to be home?
- Do most teenagers equate wealth with happiness? What’s your opinion?
- Are young people today less resilient and independent than they should be?
- Have you ever worked part-time? What did you spend your money on?
- Have you ever had a summer job?
- If you got a job, would you give some money to your parents?
Watch the two first videos about independence: rules and boundaries